Inspired by nature. Influenced by minimalism.
About The Work
Inspired by nature and influenced by minimalism, my works on paper are composed from an abstract perspective. I love living in the city of Chicago, but I often crave spending time outside exploring lakes, mountains, forests and coastlines through hiking and camping. These experiences have become the inspiration behind my work. Using acrylic, watercolor, ink, graphite, charcoal and a refined color palette, I think of shapes, movement, and texture found in nature to inform and guide each painting. I try to bring a positive feeling into my art, pulling from joyful memories or a peaceful mood. I hope my art brings that same joy and peace to others, and offers a momentary escape from the every day.
About Kim Knoll
Kim Knoll is an abstract artist in Chicago whose style was born from her professional experience as a graphic designer. She discovered her love for painting in 2016 while experimenting with watercolors for a branding project. She began pursuing painting as a personal endeavor and over the following year, her work quickly gained recognition online. The interest and demand for Kim's work multiplied over the next few years, allowing her to focus on painting full-time. Today, Kim sells to art collectors and works with interior designers, architects and art consultants to produce original paintings and prints for projects all over the world. Her work can be found in the luxury hospitality space for brands like CB2, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels and Yacht Collection, Four Seasons Hotels, and Waldorf Astoria Hotels, among others.
BFA in Visual Communications, Northern Illinois University
2023, CB2, Spring/Summer Collection
2022, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, Evrima Yacht
2022, P&O Cruises, Arvia Cruise Ship
2022, CB2, Fall/Winter Collection
2021, Norwegian Cruise Line, Prima Cruise Ship
2021, Bank of America Tower, 110 N Wacker
2020, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, Evrima Yacht
2019, 7 For All Mankind, Milan Flagship Store
2018, Chronicle Books, The Spells Deck
• The Ritz-Carlton Evrima Yacht
• The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, FL
• The Ritz Carlton Residencies at Chevy Chase, MD
• Four Seasons Jackson Hole, WY
• Four Seasons Vail, CO
• Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas, NV
• Virgin Hotel Las Vegas, NV
• Waldorf Astoria Doha, Qatar
• Waldorf Astoria—The Avenues, Kuwait
• One Palm, Dubai
• P&O Arvia Cruise Ship
• Bank of America Tower, Chicago
• Norwegian Prima Cruise Ship
• Norwegian Viva Cruise Ship
• Norwegian Vista Cruise Ship
• Norwegian Sky Cruise Ship
• Celebrity Edge Cruise Ship
• Silversea Silver Nova Cruise Ship
• Hotel Martinez, Cannes, France
• Artyzen Lingang Hotel Shanghai, China
• 7 for all Mankind Milan Flagship Store, Italy
• 7 for all Mankind Berlin Store, Germany
• Sonesta Chicago Riverfront Hotel
• Baptist Hospital Miami, FL
• Capitol Tower, Singapore
• Chateau Elan Winery + Resort, GA
• Marriott’s Grand Chateau Las Vegas, NV
• Addison Reserve Country Club, FL
• Sino-Ocean Hangzhou Kempinkski Hotel, China
• Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, OR
• The Westin, London City
• Westin Kierland Scottsdale, AZ
• JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix, AZ
• Pendry Residences Park City, UT
• Whitley Hotel Atlanta, GA
• Montage Resort Laguna Beach, CA
• Hotel Clio Denver, CO
• AC Hotel San Diego, CA
• AC Hotel Brentwood, TN
• AC Hotel Fort Worth, TX
Where did you grow up and where are you now?
What originally drew you to making paintings?
Can you describe your creative process?
What is the best advice you could give a novice artist?
What is your go-to for inspiration?
Why do you work on paper and not canvas?
Follow me on Instagram @kimknoll
I’ve used Kim’s art for a number of projects over the years and can’t say enough about working with her. She consistently adds new work, she is always quick to reply, and her artwork is ALWAYS stunning!
— Lindsey King, Art Consultant, DAC Art Consulting